Thursday, September 1, 2011

Big Picture Classes - Big Idea Festival pages

For those who have yet to check out Big Picture Classes @ www.bigpictureclasses.com I highly recommend them.  I ran into BPC by taking one of their live classes at GASC (Great American Scrapbooking Convention) earlier this year and loved it.  The girls were super fun and easy going.  BPC offers a ton of classes for all styles and budgets.  Some of their classes are even FREE! 

I signed up for one of those free classes called Big Idea Festival.  It ran for 2 weeks and while it wasn’t the best timing since I was trying to get ready for my submission to Doodlebug I didn’t want to pass it up either.  There was a different teacher and a different word each day and as of right now I only have the title page and 2 pages done but I’m going to finish off my mini album so that I can check it off my list.  See my three in total below J

Title Page:
I used the 6x6 Echo Park Country Drive paper pack and one small oval resin frame from Melissa Frances.    

Less:
I used the same EP paper pad with a doodlebug chunky blue brad and orange flower from the ladybug garden collection.  I know “they” tell you to never go back but I might “go back” anyway and hand write on the actual paper instead of that huge white square I’ve got going on.

Share: I used watercolor paint to make this layout because I couldn’t find a picture I liked and the ones I took just didn't capture what I was trying to say.  I have gotten a surprising amount of wonderful feedback - everyone seems to love it.  Apparently I need to paint more! 
It's funny how the layouts you're like whatever it's done on people gravitate towards. 
I also wanted to give a BIG thank you to BPC and everyone from teachers to members.  I just love a community that isn't afraid to tell someone they do a great job!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment