Friday, February 24, 2012

CK sketch

 
creative keepsakes sketch 

I came across this sketch from either a post that CK did off of Twitter or Facebook.  I already had an idea with photos that I had been playing around with but was having issues coming up with a design.  I was pretty happy to see this sketch since I felt it fit fairly well.  

My little girl can be quite dramatic when she is told no and one day I picked up my 7s and was able to get her 4 stages of disbelief.  She kept trying to do something she wasn't supposed to which gave me plenty of opportunity to snap whatever I needed.  This is what I came up with. 


  I used a good amount of Crate Paper Valentine line, A Muse Studio cloud dies (smaller gray clouds), Mister Huey mists in clay and white, two different types of letters both from Studio Calico and then I drew out the umbrella and larger clouds.  I wanted to watercolor because I love how the colors blend but still look like it was just left out in the rain.  I hand wrote the 4 steps and took that title from a Los Campesinos! song.  I just thought it was so fitting and it's a good song.  Oh and that wood-grain circle that is on the first page is the stickers Studio Calico uses to seal our kits.  I just love those stickers - I save them every time :)

2 comments: