Friday, February 24, 2012

"Do You Realize?"


I was listening to XM radio the other day and Flaming Lips came on with their song "Do you realize?".  I've always loved that song but I was in the middle of scrap-lifting this awesome layout that I found over at Studio Calico when it just hit me.  As soon as I got home I took all the butterflies that I had die cut (A Muse Studio butterfly trio) out and redesigned my entire layout.  I knew I wanted a tone on tone look but instead of it looking like Kinsey's page called Dylan (Take Note) see- Kinsey's work @ Studio Calico  (which don't get me wrong - I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE this layout) to the one you see above.  I never do double pages but and defiantly not 8.5 x 11 but that size seems to be my thing lately and I thought these lyrics just looked better on two pages.  I used Stepping Stone which is a alphabet set from Studio Calico (in both the lined and solid fonts) as well as using their awesome wood veneer letters from a previous kit.  I pretty much have killed that alpha so I used what I could and left it plain.  I used chalk ink in raspberry pie and dark bark.  I don't even know who makes them but they are little ink pads of loveliness.  To finish it off I took brads from My Minds Eye from the _ collection and 7 Gypsies silver domes to break up all that craft.  I took this picture of my daughter Zoe when she was just 6 months and it's still one of my favorites to date.  Poor Holden has been a bit neglected in the scrapbooking world so I will have my next two layouts be all about him.  Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment